Accessing my project - Zugriff auf mein Projekt

Allgemeine Fragen
sergio33
Mitglied (Level 1)
Mitglied (Level 1)

Accessing my project - Zugriff auf mein Projekt

Ungelesener Beitrag von sergio33 »

I lost some info after my PC died, including my latest mobirise website (I had out of date versions). Luckily it was stored on github, so I downloaded it and put it into a folder. However when I open 'project' on that folder, mobirise still opens my out-of-date version, and not the version in that folder. I dont understand how mobirise accesses files, seems different to normal file organisation. Help

Google translation:
Ich habe einige Informationen verloren, nachdem mein PC gestorben war, einschließlich meiner neuesten Mobirise-Website (ich hatte veraltete Versionen). Zum Glück wurde es auf github gespeichert, also habe ich es heruntergeladen und in einen Ordner gelegt. Wenn ich jedoch 'project' in diesem Ordner öffne, öffnet Mobirise immer noch meine veraltete Version und nicht die Version in diesem Ordner. Ich verstehe nicht, wie mobirise auf Dateien zugreift, scheint sich von der normalen Dateiorganisation zu unterscheiden. Hilfe
Tommy Herrmann
Site Admin
Site Admin
Re: Accessing my project - Zugriff auf mein Projekt

Ungelesener Beitrag von Tommy Herrmann »

Hi,

and welcome to our forums :hallo:

In principle, you need 2 things to restore your Mobirise project.

1. the published "assets" directory (locally or from the server) for all associated files such as images, CSS and JavaScript files, etc.

2. the project file "project.mobirise" in the same directory as the "assets" directory to generate the HTML pages.

Mobirise always creates an automatic backup in this directory every time a project is used which is roughly located here:

C:\Users\User-Name\AppData\Local\Mobirise.com\Mobirise\projects

There you will find a directory with the automatic backup files for each project:

Project-Directory.jpg

You can also download the latest published version from your server, i.e. all files and directories and then use the "project.mobirise" file to import from there or you can also use the local publishing directory to re-import the "project.mobirise" file:

Local Publishing Directory.JPG

You import this project file via Mobirise:

> Sites > click on the link "Import Mobirise Site" in the empty icon at the top left and select the file "project.mobirise":

Import Mobirise Site.JPG

If the icons of the projects are still displayed under "Sites", you can also use a project file of your choice from the "history" directory:

> Sites > click on the "Site Settings" gear > click on the green "History" button and import the file to the directory you are going to use for your "Local Publishing".

History.JPG
sergio33
Mitglied (Level 1)
Mitglied (Level 1)

Hi Tommy,
Thanks for your reply, however I haven't got it to work.
First I downloaded the website as a zip folder (including assets and project.mobirise file) from the online server where my live website is (github), and put the files in a folder:
Capture1.JPG
Next I opened mobirise. It automatically opened on an old version of my website (not sure from what location, but it didn't seem to be the location you mentioned, as the images are different:
Capture2.JPG
Then I tried to import my new folder with the website into mobirise by pressing this button, navigating to my new folder and selecting: project
Capture3.JPG
Capture4.JPG
But nothing happened. Where did I go wrong?
Thanks for your patience!
Tommy Herrmann
Site Admin
Site Admin

sorry - I am out for dinner and I can not reply before tomorrow ...
Tommy Herrmann
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi,

first you should turn on the file extensions under "Windows 10" so that you can recognize the full file name:

https://fileinfo.com/help/windows_10_sh ... extensions

First of all - why did you not try to import the file "project.mobirise" directly from your downloaded directory. The last modified date is September 19, 2021 - yesterday:

210914-downloaded

Downloaded-Files.JPG

This should work!

... so it looks like you've actually done everything right and would then have to use this project file:

project.mobirise

project-file.JPG

You should see the last modified date at your file too. You read that file in via the Mobirise software:

> Menu > Sites > click the link "Import Mobirise Site" in the top left tile (NOT at the "+" of that tile)
> now search for your file in the automatically created directory by Mobirise you have mentioned above and select it

C:\Users\Users\AppData\Local\Mobirise.com\Mobirise\projects

> or - better - search for your file in your downloaded directory named "210914-downloaded" and select it

Import-Projcet-File.JPG

Normally you should always publish your project locally to a directory of your choice. Mobirise then creates another file "project.mobirise" in the local publication directory that can actually be used for the import. This gives you a much better overview of your projects.

You should then also regularly back up this entire local directory to an external drive. This is a backup in case your computer breaks down. I have my "Windows 10" permanently back up this directory via the "Windows file history" as follows:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/win ... ef2b88cbef

For what reason to you publish to "GitHub" at all? :confused:

That should also work exactly like this for you, if not please ask Mobirise-Support by sending your file "project.mobirise" as well as the folder "assets" (as a .zip archive) out of the same directory with the e-mail to:

support@mobirise.com
sergio33
Mitglied (Level 1)
Mitglied (Level 1)

Thanks for this Tommy.
That is what I did! But what I now see is the downloaded files from Github are the incorrect (out of date files) - that was the issue.
The reason I uploaded to github was so I can host my website live, for free.
But I cant find the right files on github for the website - so I think I need github support not mobirise support.
Anyway thanks for your help!
Tommy Herrmann
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi,

OK - I've never tried using "GitHub" as a website host. I thought "GitHub" was a web-based versioning service only, for software development projects.

I didn't even know that it was possible. Is that then "GitHub Pages"?

https://pages.github.com/

But as far as I know you should find many free web hosting, such as "bplaced.net".
sergio33
Mitglied (Level 1)
Mitglied (Level 1)

Hi Tommy,
It was a few years ago I set it up on github, and the page https://pages.github.com/ looks new to me, but I think it's essentially the same.
Thanks for sharing bplaced.net. You don't happen to know if they can publish wordpress sites for free? (As github can't do that). I'm looking for a free site for wordpress - this could be an option, only problem is my German isn't great!
Tommy Herrmann
Site Admin
Site Admin

Hi,

unfortunately I only know that there are some free hosts like "bplaced.net" arround but I don't know their conditions. At least they have a guide for the use of "WordPress", so I think it's probably possible.

https://wiki.bplaced.net/wordpress-inst ... sanleitung

I am myself since some 30 years with "1&1 IONOS".
Antworten